7 months ago
Fox News‘ sexual harassment scandal has spread from the media capital of New York City to the palm-tree lined streets of Hollywood.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, talent agency ICM Partners has brought in a litigator to investigate whether its agents discouraged a Fox News contributor from reporting a sexual harassment claim.
Sources told the HuffPost that the Fox News contributor is Tamara Holder, who alleges that former Fox News Latino vice president Francisco Cortes tried to force her to perform oral sex on him. When she told her agents, they advised her not to report it. He was eventually fired, and Holder reached a settlement with Fox to the tune of $2.5 million, per The New York Times.
This comes after a spate of negative press for the cable net, as embattled talk show host Bill O’Reilly was ousted last month; current talker Sean Hannity (as well as Rupert Murdoch biographer Michael Wolff) warned of “the end of Fox News as we know it“; and this past Monday, co-president Bill Shine resigned.