7 months ago
There’s some debate on whether Bryce Harper should be an All-Star, but there’s no one disputing that the Washington Nationals outfielder (and his 22 dingers) belongs in the 2018 Home Run Derby.
And, since the game is in D.C. this year and Harper has home-field advantage, he has secured one of the top seeds in the Derby, but not No. 1 overall. That honor goes to Jesús Aguilar of the Milwaukee Brewers. (Harper is the second seed.)
The rest of the field is as follows:
• No. 3 – Max Muncy, Los Angeles Dodgers
• No. 4 – Alex Bregman, Houston Astros
• No. 5 – Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs
• No. 6 – Javier Báez, Chicago Cubs
• No. 7 – Freddie Freeman, Atlanta Braves
• No. 8 – Rhys Hoskins, Philadelphia Phillies
Dingers on deck.
— MLB (@MLB) July 12, 2018
According to the format of the contest, the No. 1 seed will face No. 8, No. 2 takes on No. 7 and so on. Other than Harper, all of the players listed above are first-time entrants to the Derby.
Schwarber, Hoskins and Muncy are competing despite not being on the National League’s All-Star roster.
Read the full story at MLB.com
— Daren Willman (@darenw) July 12, 2018