2 weeks ago
With Super Bowl LIII in the books, football fans are already looking forward to next season when all 32 teams in the NFL will start the campaign 0-0.
Perhaps the biggest event on the NFL calendar before the season kicks off is the NFL Draft, which will take place in Nashville beginning on Thursday, April 25.
Unless they trade it – which is always a possibility – the Arizona Cardinals will make the first selection in the draft and, according to a mock draft in USA Today, the team will pick defensive end Nick Bosa out of Ohio State at No. 1.
The younger brother of Los Angeles Chargers defensive star Joey Bosa, Nick was a two-time consensus All-American in college and should be an elite pass rusher at the NFL level.
With the second overall pick, USA Today projects the 49ers to select Quinnen Williams, a defensive tackle from Alabama. But, there’s also the possibility the Niners will trade out of this slot so a quarterback-needy team can draft their future signal-caller.
At No. 3, the Jets may go with outside linebacker Josh Allen from Kentucky, an athletic player with speed and smarts who has shown he can get after the quarterback.
From there, the publication sees the rest of the first half of the first round going like this:
4. Raiders — Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
5. Buccaneers — Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
6. Giants — Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
7. Jaguars — Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
8. Lions — Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
9. Bills — Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
10. Broncos — Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
11. Bengals — Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma
12. Packers — Jachai Polite, DE/OLB, Florida.
13. Dolphins — Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
14. Falcons — Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
15. Redskins — Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma