6 months ago
Philadelphia may still be celebrating their Super Bowl LII win, but other teams are looking forward seven months to the 2018 season. ESPN gathered predictions for the next NFL season so that you don’t have to wait.
- Kirk Cousins signs with the Jets. It would be a six-year, $186 million contract with $100 million in guarantees, including $75 million fully guaranteed at signing. He would be the highest-paid player in NFL history after hitting the market following two seasons as Washington’s franchise player.
- Odell Beckham Jr. sits out one regular season game. The Giants hold a 2018 option on him and aren’t in a hurry to give him the extension he wants coming off an ankle injury that cost him almost the full 2017 season.
- Five new playoff news will emerge: the Jets, Chargers, Raiders, Packers, and 49ers.
- Le’Veon Bell signs a contract extension with the Steelers.
- Josh Allen doesn’t start a game in 2018 but is the first pick in April’s draft.
- Six more teams change head coaches after the 2018 season: Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, Washington, Tampa Bay, and Seattle.
- Nick Foles leads the Eagles to a 3-1 start while Carson Wentz keeps up his rehab. The Eagles enter the season as one of the Super Bowl favorites, even though the NFC East hasn’t had a repeat champion in 14 years. Foles starts off hot that puts the team in position to repeat as division champs once Wentz is healed and back in the lineup.
- Andrew Luck plays all 16 games for the Colts.
- The NFL changes the catch rule to help increase scoring and satisfy fans.
- The Saints and the Steelers will face off in Super Bowl LIII and the Saints will come away victorious.