Bill Hemmer on June 8, 2015 in Southampton, New York. Hemmer was recently stung by a scorpion in Manhattan. (Photo by Eugene Gologursky/Getty Images for Project A.L.S.)

< Go to Homepage

Fox’s Bill Hemmer Was Stung by a Scorpion in His Manhattan Apartment

The six-inch scorpion made its way to the 17th floor of an apartment building.

Fox News broadcaster Bill Hemmer was stung by a scorpion on the 17th story of his Greenwich Village apartment building in a freak event. Scorpions are far from common in New York buildings, and how the six-inch creature found its way into Hemmer’s top floor apartment remains a mystery.

Hemmer got out of bed in the middle of the night, stepping onto the floor and suddenly developed a searing pain. Hemmer told Page Six that he thought he’d either suffered electrocution or a broken foot.

The next day, feeling ill, Hemmer went to a neurologist who provided him with no answers. Days later when Hemmer was feeling better, his housekeeper found the scorpion in the kitchen and disposed of it.

The accident may be one of the absolutely few Manhattan scorpion attacks in history.

Read the full story at Page Six